The Canada Octagon Trampoline is an excellent trampoline for the whole family and an all around good buy. Top quality materials used in the construction ensures durability and low maintenance. It is 15′ across with multicolored safety pads and is visually and economically attractive. Canada Trampolines use a heavier steel frame than other manufacturers because strength and durability is not be compromised for the sake of economy. Optimum performance is achieved with 120 – 9″ long by 1.125″ diameter springs, in good proportion to the size and shape of the trampoline. The shape causes the action of the springs to draw trampolinists to the center of the trampoline. It is in the center that the most uniform, straight up and down bounce is achieved. The wrap around safety pads form an extra wide 15″ safety boarder around the perimeter of the trampoline, also overlapping the jumping surface which eliminates spring exposure for maximum safety. This orients the trampolinist well away from the edges of the trampoline and towards the center, the safest place to be. You will never find a better buy for Safety, Strength, Performance, and Durability with little or no maintenance necessary.
Drawbacks of Round Trampolines
- Lightweight 16 gauge flimsy frame
- Low rated jumping surface material with only 4-6 rows of stitching around the perimeter, which only lasts 3-4 years
- Springs are of smaller diameter and only 7 inches long made with a commercial grade. This gives a poor bounce and a much shorter life.
- Safety pads supply virtually no safety protection and use very thin foam, which is very dangerous. The pads themselves do not stay on the trampoline. They tear off with a strong wind and fall apart in a short period of time because of the low grade vinyl used. The safety pads are covered with a very thin easy to tear outer covering. Safety pads on a well built trampoline are the most expensive part of the unit, supplying 18 oz vinyl 15” wide and 1½” thick high density closed cell ethafoam.
- The round shape in itself gives a very poor bounce, compared to sided trampolines and the round trampolines are only rated for 250 pounds.
- Every bounce is different so you have less control and safety
- Too short of a distance to do stunts and flips on
- Can not go on with more than one person because you will throw each other off balance because the springs are being shared by both people.
- Triad Trampolines has over 25 years experience in selling and servicing trampolines from every manufacturer in Canada and the United States. Triad has found Canada Trampoline Manufacturers inc. to be the best in the business.
Benefits of Rectangular Trampolines
Have a softer deeper bounce which is easier on body joints
- Gives a higher bounce, which gives more air time for stunts
- Provide a more even bounce, which gives better control and balance for more safety
- When jumping on a circular trampoline every bounce is different from the last, resulting in less control and safety. When doing flips, the Olympic style rectangle, being 17′ long, is the proper length recommended by gymnastic instructors.
- Research by SCI Electronics Incorporated and Motion Analysis Incorporated strongly supports an apparatus that delivers a cushioning, softer bounce (less “G” stress). Less “G” stress facilitates more controlled bouncing by the performer and substantially less stress upon the back, neck, and body extremities. Trampolines that deliver progressive stretching of the springs (rectangular trampolines) offer a superior and safer bounce than that delivered by circular shaped trapolines with equal weighting(stretching) of the springs. Accidents ranging from minor arm and leg sprains to major neck or back injuries may result from stiff contact bounce (severe “G” stress) between the trampoline bed and the performer. A bounce in the center of a circular trampoline must stretch all springs before giving. A bounce in the center of a rectangular trampoline progressively stretches the side springs and to a lesser degree the end springs. The progression radiates from the bed attatchment mid-points with a resultant cushioning of the bouncer’s impact and thereby facilitates a deeper, softer, more controlled bounce.
- Since the majority of skills asscoiated with flips involve “travel” and since the more serious injuries are associated with the somersault like skills, the greater primary axis length of the rectangular trampoline offers the maximum safety potential. The distance from the bed center to the end of the bed and from the bed center to the end frame pads is significantly greater on the rectangular trampoline. The bed surface area of the circular shaped trampoline is usually greater than the bed surface area of the rectangular shaped trampoline; however, CPCS data does not support mat surface area (gross square feet of the performance bed) as the significant factor in trampoline safety. Edidemiological data suggests that primary axis length is of greater safety significance than is mat surface area.
Safety is Canada Trampoline Trampoline’s # 1 priority–so we ensure that the safety border around the perimeter of all trampoline models is from 15″ to 20″ wide. This orients trampolinists towards the center of the trampoline. Canada Trampoline’s uniquely designed friction fit, tightly fitted wrap around safety pads stay securely in place, completely covering the frame and springs and overlapping on to the jumping surface for no spring exposure for extra safety.
FOAM: Canada Trampoline uses a crosslinked polyethylene foam inside the safety pads, which shows in it’s unprecedented shock absorbancy, durability, and weather resistance. Crosslinked foam will retain it’s resilience long after non-crosslinked foam becomes flat. This closed cell foam will not absorb water.This high quality foam is made in the USA.
VINYL: In covering the foam, Canada Trampoline uses a long wearing, all weather 18 oz. PVC vinyl. This material is UV stabalized, has a cold crack rating of -50 degrees and has a very high tear strength. Canada Trampoline offers many attractive color combinations for the safety pads, such as multicolored, two color and solid one color, using the colors blue, yellow, green.
The jumping surface is one of the most important parts of the trampoline. It is the material that the trampolinist is in direct contact with all of the time. It affects your bounce, your safety, and the trampoline’s life span. Canada Trampoline uses the best material available. It is a polypropylene mesh that is manufactured specifically for trampolines called “permatron” supplied by Ten Cate Corp. in the USA. It is UV stable and the interlocking weave of the material makes it run resistant even if you accidentally puncture it. Being a mesh, it allows air to pass through when someone is bouncing, resulting in an easy, rhythmic, unrestricted bounce. Solid mats have a lot more air resistance, which greatly retards a trampolinist’s bounce. Water also drains through the trampoline surface keeping it dry, nonslippery, and it prevents a weight load that would put unnecessary stress on the springs. Canada Trampoline mfgr’s also do 10 rows of stitching around the perimeter of the jumpbed and use a heavy nylon seat belt webbing for extra durability and long life, unlike others who use a regular polypropoline webbing.
The frame is the foundation of a trampoline: the foundation that all the other parts are built upon. It directly influences the safety, performance, and durability of the entire trampoline. If the frame is light and fragile and moves around a lot while someone is bouncing, no matter how good the spring is, the bounce will be compromised. A strong, heavy, stable, immovable frame will allow the springs to really “do their stuff”.
STEEL: Canada Trampoline mfgr’s use heavy duty 12 gauge structural tubular steel that has a tensile strength of 55,000 P.S.I. and a yield strength of 50,000 P.S.I. on all models. All of the steel is galvanized by a patented flo-coat process then topcoated with 3 clear coats producing a smooth, shiny, and longlasting finish that prevents rusting and oxidation, this pipe is also zinc coated on the inside to prevent rusting from the inside out for longer life, This is why Canada Trampoline gives a lifetime warranty on each trampoline frame it produces. This tubular steel is made for Canada Trampoline MFGR’S. by Allied steel in the USA. They make the highest quality steel products in north america.
SPRING HOOK UP: There are no holes in the frame where rust can form and no perforations to structurally weaken the steel. On every single Canada Trampoline trampoline a 1/4” corrugated rod is mig-welded onto the frame—an addition that actually adds strength. The springs attatch onto and detatch from this corrugated rod quickly and easily, making trampoline setup and take down a breeze. This method also allows you to “double spring” when more tension is required. Because the corrugated rod places the springs lower than the frame, the springs are allowed to move freely, unrestricted by the frame or the weight of the safety pads, therefore enhancing their performance.
The springs are what make a trampoline perform. The length and diameter of the spring, the coil count, and the size and tensile strength of the wire used to form the spring determine how much bounce and what quality of bounce a trampoline will be capable of achieving. Benefitted by over 20 years experience with springs and driven by the desire for quality, Canada Trampoline special orders custom made springs for each of their models of trampolines. These superior springs are largely responsible for the reputation of a “softer, deeper, higher bounce” that sets Canada Trampoline trampolines apart from all the rest.
The number of springs on a trampoline in proportion to it’s size and apporopriate to it’s shape also affect the performance of the spring, as well as it’s life span. Too many springs cause a stiff bounce and too few springs cause overextension of the springs leading to premature spring failure. Each Canada Trampoline trampoline model has 120 – 9”springs except for the smaller 14′ octagon which has 96 springs, the recommended number—but because of Canada Trampoline’s versatile spring hook up there is always the option of adding more springs in unique situations where more tension is needed or a stiffer bounce is required. Canada Trampoline also offers a 10” higher performance spring for more advanced jumpers.