Drawbacks of Round Trampolines
These trampolines are sold mostly by large department stores like Wal-Mart. Round trampolines are made with a warranty of only three months to one year (depending on the manufacturer). The round shape is the least expensive way to make a trampoline; this is why some manufacturers pick this style to make as a low end-model for department stores.
So what are the drawbacks?
- Consists of a lightweight 16 gauge flimsy frame.
- Low-grade jump mat material with only four to six rows of stitching around the perimeter, which only lasts three to four years.
- Springs are of smaller diameter and only seven inches long made with commercial grade. This translates into a much shorter life and poor bounce.
- Safety pads supply virtually no safety protection being only 3/8” thick, which is very dangerous. The pads themselves do not stay on the trampoline. They tear off with a strong wind and fall apart within one summer’s use, because of the low grade 10 oz. vinyl used. Safety pads on a well-built trampoline are the most expensive part of the unit, supplying 18 oz. vinyl and 1 ½ “thick foam.
- The round shape in itself gives a very poor bounce, compared to sided trampolines and the round trampolines are only rated for 250 pounds.
- With sides on a trampoline, a better bounce is created. The best bounce is created with the least amount of sides, which is the rectangular shape. This is why you only see the rectangular shape in gymnastics clubs. The sided trampolines are the manufacturer’s pick for the top end unit. They are the made with the best quality products and are as safe as possible for years of reliable use.
Triad Trampolines has over 22 years’ experience in selling and servicing trampolines from every manufacturer in Canada and the United States. Triad has found CANADA TRAMPOLINE MFG.S INC. to be the best in the business.
CANADA TRAMPOLINE MFG.S INC. is the only manufacturer that uses a ¼” corrugated rod on their frame for spring hook ups. Other manufacturers either drill or punch holes in the frame costs less to do. This practice weakens the frame, allows water inside the frame, creates sharp edges from spring wear over time, and sets the spring higher up. With the spring higher up it creates more friction on the underside of the safety pads, which wears holes in the pads and decreases spring action, which makes for a poor bounce. The corrugated rod sets the spring much lower to avoid all these problems, and it will last much longer.
Playgro unique square shape Trampoline will suffice the need of the school-going children for exercise and aerobics. Compact in design, the item is easy to maintain and takes very little space to store. Popular in Delhi NCR, bouncing on our trampoline will burn a lot more calories than walking. This size trampoline is recommended for home & schools. It is a good option for kids and is recommended for use by those of 3+ years of age. Contact us in India to buy this beautiful piece of play equipment.