There are many types of trampolines and each has it’s own setup instructions, but for the most part, the instructions are similar.
Your trampoline should have 4 frame pieces, 4 identical legs, 1 jump mat, a bag of 120 springs, and a safety pad for protection. Here are the instructions for an Octagon Trampoline:
- Slide the 4 outside frame pieces together.
- Insert the 4 legs, one side at a time. Lift the frame and bang it on the ground to ensure that the legs are in all the way.
- Unroll the jump mat in the middle of the frame and hook it to the frame with 2 springs in one corner, then 2 on the opposite corner. Next do up 2 more corners opposite to each other until all 12 corners are hooked up.
- Be sure to hold onto the spring as close to the end as possible. This way the spring will be fully extended and it will be easier to hook onto the frame. Do not overextend the spring though.
- Attach the rest of the springs by doing every third spring on each side, then every other spring, then every spring. Make sure all of the hooks on the springs are facing down.
- Unfold the safety pad on the trampoline. Flip the skirt up on three sides to tighten the rope until it is snug.
- Tie the rope in a knot then flip the skirt down under the frame.
- The trampoline is now set up, but read the safety guidelines before jumping on the trampoline.